Sunday, September 18, 2011

James Busts A Move

James started walking about a month ago. 

Since then we've charted some very unfamiliar territory and the world of parenthood has gotten much more interesting to say the least.  For example, about 2 days after James learned that putting one foot in front of the other produced a really cool bipedal movement, he discovered that lifting one knee onto a sturdy (sturdy may be questionable in some cases) object followed by several strenuous grunts and a lot of arm strength resulted in a climbing to new heights and looking out windows he had never seen before. 

Toilets and bathtubs have also become  new found loves for James.  While we have caught him several times just before taking "Clifford" (his red dog wub-a-nub pacifier) for a swim in the potty, I am slowly coming to the realization that one day I'm going to pull back the shower curtain two seconds too late only to hear "KURPLUNK". 

 As for the shower, that ship has already sailed.  Last week as I was drying my hair while watching James toddle through the bedroom.  Just as I was flipping my hair back up from blow drying it up-side-down for about 30 seconds (come on ladies...don't even pretend like you don't try that Cosmo Beauty Secret trick every once in a while hoping that it will actually work just that one time) I see two stride-rite shoe soles out of the corner of my eye and James using his stomach to balance on the edge of the tub while reaching in to grab good 'ol "Clifford".  I was pretty sure I was going to get the Bad Mom of the Day Award as I scrambled to get to him but was quite certain of it when he rolled (feet first thankfully) into the tub that still hadn't dried out from the morning showers.  His clothes were wet...I picked him up...my clothes were wet, even better...but poor Clifford got the worst of the deal and had to spend the rest of the day in solitary drying out in the laundry room. 

Needless to say, I've learned a lot since James started walking...how to keep doors shut, how to dry my hair without doing the "body flip", how to put clothes on a moving target and how to keep the toilet lids down.  I'm sure James will teach us much more in the years to come and just like James, we'll take it one step at a time!

So, Ladies and Gentlemen without further ado...

Mr. James Foy busts a move!



No comments:

Post a Comment